Wednesday 21 December 2011

La vita'e bella La vita'e amore ( Life is Beautiful, Life is Love)



The park bench was deserted as I sat down to read beneath an old willow tree. I felt the world was dragging me down. Then, a young boy approached me, all tired from play. He stood right before me with his head tilted down and said with great excitement. " Look what I found!" In his hand was a flower, and what a pitiful sight. The flower had wilted. I faked a small smile and then looked away. But instead of going away he sat next to me...

He said, " It sure smells pretty and it's beautiful,too. That's why I picked it; here, it's for you." The weed before me was dying or dead. But, I knew I must take it, or he might never leave. So I reached for the flower.

Instead of placing the flower in my hand, he held it up mid - air. It was then that I noticed for the every first time that the boy could not see.I heard my voice quiver. I thanked him for picking the very best one.

" You're welcome," he smiled, and then he ran off to play.

Through the eyes of a blind child, at last I could see. I vowed to see the beauty in life. I held that wilted flower up to my nose and breathed in the fragrance of a beautiful rose.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...